Thursday, July 21, 2011

Oh Yes, Those Civil Progressives


“I will kill you and your family”

“Oh my God, This woman is so f---king stupid. Some please shoot her in the head, again and again. And again.”

“I’m going to kill the pastor.”

If I had a gun I would have gunned you down along with each and every other supporter…”

“We’re going to kill you.”

“You’re dead. Maybe no today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon…you’re dead.”

“I’m a gay guy who owns guns, and he’s my next target.”

“I warn you, I know how to kill, I’m an ex-special forces person.”

“Get ready for retribution all you bigots.”

“Burn their f---king churches to the ground, and then tax the charred timbers.”
(Source: World Net Daily)

Not too long ago up her in the Evergreen State, there was a petition going around to gather names of those who supported traditional marriage, i.e. between one man and one woman. After that petition drive was done and the necessary 138,000 signatures had been gathered a couple of gay rights group went to court to get the names of the signees.

Initially, the local court refused to release the names. However, this case went to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. If you know your legal history at all, this is a VERY liberal institution and of course, they allowed the names and addresses of the people who signed the petition to be released. The outcome was some of what you read in the opening of this post.

Because of these scare tactics being used by the gay activists and the left, a motion has been filed in the local courts to redact the names and addresses of the petition signatories. Read the whole motion here. It is filled with the usual legal mumbo-jumbo, but there are a lot of other instances of voter intimidation highlighted. Some examples are threats to kill family members and the threat to rape the daughter of someone who signed a petition.

As you might guess the end game for these gay activist groups is intimidation. They want people to fear signing controversial petitions. When these groups went to the court to get the names released, they said they just wanted to be able to talk to the people who signed the petition in the hopes of changing their minds. I say bull hockey. In my opinion, they knew exactly what they were doing. There wanted to stifle free speech by the use of fear.

This kind of intimidation is the worst kind. It is the kind of intimidation used by tyrants and dictators. Do you remember by “The Dirty, Nasty Comparison” (remember, it is a long one) post from a couple of weeks back? This is the one where a college history professor compared the Nazi to the Tea Party. Well, if there were any more apt comparison than intimidating people to either act a certain way of to not act at all, then this would be it. The Nazi Party used the exact same methods during their rise to power. The Nazi Party rose because people were afraid to stand against them due to fear of retaliation. This is the exact same thing and don’t let anyone tell you differently.

I was not a resident of Washington in 2009 (the original petition drive time period) because, as a military member, I kept my home state as my legal residence. I remember the petition drive and because of my residence situation I had to turn down folks who asked me to sign. If I had be a resident of Washington, I would have signed the petition, even if I knew about the intimidation factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment