Monday, August 29, 2011

Gore at it Again

OwlGore is an idiot. Now he is equating anyone who does not believe in man-caused global warming with the anti-civil rights people of the 1950’s and 60’s.

“I remember, again going back to my early years in the South, when the Civil rights revolution was unfolding, there were two things that really made an impression on me,” Gore said. “My generation watched Bull Conner turning the hose on civil rights demonstrators and we went ‘Whoa! How gross and evil is that?’ My generation asked old people, ‘Explain to me again why it is okay to discriminate against people because their skin color is different?’ And when they couldn’t really answer that question with integrity, the change really started.” (Source: The Daily Caller)

First of all, Gore has to provide me with some sort of bona-fides regarding his civil rights records before he can speak to me like this. To the best of my recollection, his civil right portfolio is pretty skimpy. His father’s record on this matter certainly doesn’t give OwlGore any street-cred. I am in no way saying the “little” Gore is a racist. Heck, he’s a democrat and everyone knows that democrats are not racist. But his name isn’t one of those names that pops up when the discussion of civil rights leaders (or even important followers) comes up. In comparison, Charlton Heston, one-time NRA president, was a staunch and very visible civil rights supporter (and he was Republican).

So we have a guy whose civil rights record is not necessarily noteworthy and his understanding of the science of climate and weather lacks a baseline since he has no formal education or training in weather or climate comparing the civil rights deniers with the man-caused global warming deniers? That is really rich. I guess since I have watched football for so many years that I can tell a coach what play to call next.

“Secondly, back to this phrase ‘win the conversation,’” he continued. “There came at ime when friends or people you work with or people you were in clubs with – you’re much younger that me so you didn’t have to go through this personally – but there came a time when racist comments would come up in the course of conversation and in your past they were just natural. Then there came a time when people would say, ‘Hey, man why do you talk that way, I mean that is wrong. I don’t go for that so don’t talk that way around me. I just don’t believe that.’ that happened in millions of conversations and slowly the conversation was won.” (Source: The Daily Caller)

Well OwlGore, aren’t you just the sainted one? Like good old OwlGore, I too am old enough to remember those conversations and Gore does make a good point that those who used the racist language either stopped or were pushed back into a corner. But there are some differences. Mainly, to discriminate just because someone had a different skin tone was just plain wrong. There is nothing scientific about it. They civil rights deniers were just plain wrong with no evidence to back up their stance. On the other hand, the so-called climate change deniers do have scientific evidence to support the stance like it has been cooling since 1999. Plus, they also have the many controversies surrounding the collection (NASA many times over) and presentation of the data (Mann’s hockey temperature graph).

Back in the old days when someone said something disparaging against person of another race, people could tell the user to go pound sand or they could ask, “What evidence or reasoning do you have to back up your statements?” The user of the vile language had nothing to backup his assertions because there was no evidence. This is not the case with global warming. I can state fact after reason, after fact to back up my statement. Please note I used the word “fact”. You want evidence; I can provide that, in spades.

Anymore, when someone is losing the argument, the race card is pulled. It took Gore a long time to play the card, but when he did, he did it spades. Pulling the race card has become so common place that people really no longer listen to it. This both fortunate and unfortunate. When shills like Gore toss out the race card, the point they are trying to get across gets completely lost as people turn away thinking, “Jeesh, not another race card puller, I just don’t pay attention any longer.”

I will have to admit that I grew weary of the whole racial screed a long time ago. I have no doubts there are still pockets of racism out there. But just because I don’t believe that same way that you do doesn’t make me a racist. When you claim that my viewpoint is racist, the conversation will stop immediately and I will pretty much forget that you ever existed. I have no use for people who throw out the race card as soon as the conversation starts to go against them. Unless I use language or actions that removes all doubt, then you really have no idea whether or not I am a racist. Don’t place your values on me. If you are not intelligent enough to make your argument for your point of view without throwing out the race card, then you are not worth my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment