Thursday, September 1, 2011

Wife Gets A Big Surprise

My wife is going to celebrate her birthday this weekend (we are discrete here at PACNW Righty, so we’ll not say how old she is). Today she got a HUGE surprise. Early this week we made plans to have dinner at a local Italian restaurant with one of her girlfriends and her boys. Her oldest boy and our youngest are best friends. While waiting at the restaurant my wife was trying to get a hold of her friend since she was WAY late in arriving. Finally the friend called. But she wanted to talk to me out of ear shot of my wife.

Apparently we were supposed to stay at the house to wait for her and her kids.

And our Daughter, who lives in San Diego.

After everyone got back to the house and settled in, my wife was sitting at the main computer when there was a knock at the door. When she answered it, she almost hit the floor as there stood her oldest kid, fresh off the plane from San Diego. To say she was surprised was an understatement. Lots of screaming and hugging and OMGs. It was actually a little annoying.

Her girlfriend and our daughter had worked out this surprise. They didn’t even include me in the secret. Hey, what’s wrong with telling me? I’ve never told anyone that I know where the Mafia buried the second grassy knoll shooter and the exact location in Idaho where NASA filmed the “lunar landing”.

BTW: The above is was sarcasm.

It will be nice to have her around for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment