Friday, May 25, 2012

Blogburst (Harassment Issue)

Over the past few weeks and story has been developing in the blogging world that I thought you might be interested in reading about. If you are like me and spend time reading many different blogs, you are probably already aware of this story. If you don’t spend much time on line, this story is something you really need to see to believe.

It seems that a convicted felon has been harassing bloggers who dare blog the truth about his past and current activities. This guy has a history of violence, being convicted of a string of bombings back in the early 1980s, one where a man was so severely injured that he later took his own life. In the present, there are some questions whether his non-profit organization is completely on the up-and-up. Details about all of this are within the links provided.

I am not going to rehash it all right here. Since my blogging has had to take a backseat to making a living I haven’t been part of what is going on. And even if I had been able to blog, I’m not so sure that I would have taken on this story.

The level of harassment experienced by these bloggers is some to behold and should shake your sense of freedom to its core.

But rather that spend much time on it, I am going to provide you with some links that I think you might find interesting.

Over at Patterico’s Pontifications, the writer describes a harrowing event that nearly got him killed. If you think that is hyperbole then I don’t think I can explain it to you any better than Pat can.

Another blogger and his family were forced to abandon their home after an associate of the convicted felon called the workplace of the blogger’s wife.

Probably the most detailed accounting of harassment committed against a blogger is here at this link. Due to the nature of the harassment and the people who are doing it, the employer of said blogger, and his wife, were fired from their jobs. The employer was fearful that the harasser would do something at the job site.

As always, Michelle Malkin has a great rundown and plenty-o-links to go around.

No comments:

Post a Comment