Wednesday, September 16, 2020

OMG Trump

 For my blog followers, I am posting a long comment to a friend's Facebook post. I won't link back to their page because I don't have permission to do so. What I will do is post the body of what they wrote.


To all those who say..."I'd vote for anyone but TRUMP... I can't stand him!!" or "I can't believe you're voting for Trump!" Well folks listen up! This is not a jr. high or high school popularity/personality election!! I'm not just voting for the person, I'm voting for the platform! I'm voting for the second Amendment. I'm voting for the next supreme court justice. I'm voting for the electoral college, and the Republic we live in. I'm voting for the Police, and law and order. I'm voting for the military, and the veterans who fought for and died for this Country. I'm voting for the Flag that is always missing from the Democratic background. I'm voting for the right to speak my opinion and not be censored. I’m voting for secure borders. I’m voting for the right to praise my God without fear. I’m voting for every unborn soul the Democrats want to abort. I’m voting for freedom and the American Dream. I’m voting for good and against evil. I'm not just voting for one person, I'm voting for the future of my Country!

🇺🇸God Bless America!


The following is my response. I felt it was too long as comment. I did place a link to this blog post in their comments section.


I like what you said here, and I agree. Trump may not be the most polished individual but he gets things done and he has made every effort to keep the promises he made to the American people. Talking to some folks, especially younger or those not terribly politically astute, the "I hate Trump because..." Is quite common. What is also quite common is that they can't really nail down just what it is about Trump they hate. He's mean. I don't like what he says on Twitter. Or Russia, Russia, Russia.

It makes me chuckle just a bit whenever someone posts something about Trump and support of him or what his policies are folks always say, "where do you get your info, faux news?" Its almost as if they think we're not bright enough to gather information from various sources and to make are own decisions. As if CNN and MSMBC are the paragons of truthful information dissemination.

As for those "Republicans" that oppose Trump, that is neither here nor there. These are the people who gave us McCain and Romney. Nice guys with some conservative cred. And what did that get us. Eight years of community organization, a stale economy, a ten-fold increase in illegal immigration, hundreds of thousands of jobs lost overseas, an out of control national debt and a haphazard budgetary process, etc. Did you know that before the second debate Romney actually had a lead in the polls. Then came the "...the 1980s, they're now calling to ask for their foreign policy back..." comment from President Obama. Mittens just sat there and didn't fire back. He looked weak, and he was "nice". We've grown tired of being nice.

I'm guessing that if you asked those 45 or so-called "blue dog" democrats that lost their house seats a few years ago if they support the current democrat platform of defund the police, unfettered abortions, unchecked immigration, etc. I'd be willing to guess they don't support the current iteration of the dem party and there would be a few defectors.

The point is, those blue dogs were not given support by the dem leadership who by this time were already well down the path towards the far left. Those seats were sacrificed at the altar of progressivism. Flip the coin. We don't much care what Romney, Kristol, Steele and the other eREP have to say. They want nice. Nice got us the Florida recount, nearly a Kerry presidency, and eight years of community organization. Those eREP play politics like it's a short game. As evidenced above, the dems play the long game. And the long game isn't "nice".

I go back to Reagan's election. He wasn't nice. His jabs were as sharp and penetrated as deep as Trump's. The difference was in the delivery. Trump is considerably more crude, no doubt. That's the New York construction blood running through his veins. He doesn't have Reagan's ability to slice and dice, make the opponent smile, not realizing they are suffering from several metaphorical mortal wounds. One of the best and most hard hitting quotes was when he debated Mondale. "I will not make age an issue of this campaign. I am not going to exploit, for political purpose, my opponents youth and inexperience." While the moderators, the crowd, and even Mondale laughed, the quip was biting. Reagan won ever state, except Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment