Friday, November 12, 2021

The Road Not Taken

As time has moved along, I have become more disappointed in my actions. A few months back, I posted a comment  to an article written on a conservative blog. The thrust of the article is not germane for this post. What I had written was about the lack of leaders. Those who would stand up to the tyranny now taking hold in our nation. I asked when were those leaders were going to stand up and take this fight to the commie bastards. Where were the leaders who were going to lead the fight to wrest back our nation from the brink?

As it so happens, we are starting to see a few brave men and women take a stand.

Some are taking the fight to the school board. Fight for more control of their children's education. Fighting to diminish the power of the progressives over our education system. It is having some impact and they have scared the establishment. Why else would they ask the top law enforcement officer to label them as domestic terrorists? But I wasn't a part of that. I used the excuse that I no longer have children in the school system, they are all grown and on their own.

We are seeing others who are standing up to the tyrants and their vaccine mandates. They are risking every thing they have. Their jobs, their homes, and, in some cases, their families. Those who have stood up, if in enough numbers, have had an impact. You see it if you know how and when to look. But I took the damn vaccination. I took it because I was frightened that I would lose my job. I saw the writing on the wall. But rather than stand up, I acquiesced. Again, I justified my decision with excuses. I'm close to retirement, but can't yet claim it, being two years away. We need to finish projects that can't be done on a retirement income. Looking back, I wish I had made a different decision.

A while back, when a coworker sneezed I said bless you. His response? "You know that I am an atheist?" Then he said "I don't appreciate your blessings. In fact, I hate it." My only response was to reply that I'm not an atheist. Why didn't I take the opportunity? I could have witnessed to him, although I know beyond a shadow of a doubt he would have filed an EEO complaint against me. At the very least, I could have asked him why, as a Christian, do I have to submit to your choices? Why do I have to be the submissive? But I didn't. I wish I had done something differently.

When the Founders stood up to the greatest power on earth, they knew they could lose everything. Their status, their wealth, their lives. Yet they boldly stepped into the breach and publicly declared we were free men and and only God had sovereignty over us. These men we brave.

I am decidedly not.

And it pains me.

No comments:

Post a Comment