Tuesday, November 30, 2010

New Pastor

Well, I did a little praying about whether the interim Pastor should continue as our head Pastor and I do believe that God put it in my heart to vote Yes to bring him on board as the full time Pastor. The vote was close. So close that I might have been the deciding factor. We almost didn't go to Sunday evening services. It was a crazy weekend. The furnace went out, went to Portland for Thanksgiving, and few other issues sprang up this weekend. But we knew we needed to be there. He needed 75% of the ballots cast and my vote put him over the number needed.

It was close but I wasn't as surprised as I thought I would be. The previous Pastors had been long time men of God, in their late 50's when they come to the church with years of experience prior to arriving. Our new Pastor hasn't yet reached 30 and this will be his first church as the head Pastor. So there was some concern about his age. There was also concern that the new Pastor is married to the daughter of one of the congregation’s most prominent members. They met in college and moved to the Eastern USA after they got married. Some felt this member might have undue influence over the Pastor. As a side note, I am honored to call both of them my friends.

I really hope this will not cause a division within the church. We are there to worship God and give Him glory, not to get all caught up in petty church politics.

FYI: the furnace issue wasn't that big of a deal. The condensation pan needed to be dried. Once my oldest son and I took care of that, the furnace worked like a champ. But it was cold in the house for several hours after being out for nearly three days and the weather was the coldest so far this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment