Thursday, June 9, 2011

Calls For Wiener to Resign

I take back what I said about Wiener not getting calls to give up his seat. I really thought the democrats and their enablers in the main stream media would do their best to cover for this bozo with the bulging shorts. But I stand corrected. It seems that democrat leaders are calling for Wiener to step down.

“Having the respect of your constituents is fundamental for a member of Congress. In light of Anthony Weiner’s offensive behavior online, he should resign,” Pennsylvania Rep Allyson Schwartz, a member of the party (democrat) campaign committee’s leadership, said in a statement that was quickly followed by similar expressions from other Democrats.


By day’s end Wednesday, at least six House Democrats had called for Weiner to step down.

Schwartz was the first, and politically the most significant because of her position as a senior leader on the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.

I certainly was a bit premature about this and I stand here with hat in hand. But past indiscretions by democrat vs. Republican has nearly always been harder on the Republican, in both the media and the court of public opinion.  I refer back to a previous post where I compared a Republican politician and the outcome of his indiscretions vs. a sitting President and his tryst in the Oval Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment