Tuesday, November 16, 2010

New Blogger

Hello everyone, I am a new blogger.  A little behind the times I guess.

A little about me I guess:

Retired Military, 27.5 years as an Enlisted man in the US Air Force.  Reached SMSgt (E-8), the second highest rank attainable in the enlisted ranks.

Married, 3 kids, 1 girl, 2 boys.  The girl is grown and on her own making her way in the big world.  Studying to be a nurse.  The boys are teenagers and act like it.  Not a brain cell between the two of them.

I'll be blogging about pretty much anything that comes to mind:
Family; as stated above.  I'll update as necessary or when I feel like it.

Life; It is good up here in the Pacific Northwest.  Before joining the service back in 1983 I was pretty much born and raised in Oregon.

God; Born-Again of course.  I make no bones about my beliefs when asked, but I won't overburden everyone.

Politics; I am an unapologetic conservative.  I will be blogging about this subject. Living in the PAC NW does make it a bit interesting for me.  One thing I will have to say about Washington is while they are liberal (sometimes stupid about it), they curb it with some pragmatic values.  Take taxes for instance.  Washingtonians don't like to be taxed.  I like that. 

Sports:
College Football (Ducks, Huskers, Beavers).  I know, it seems a bit strange to be a fan of all three.  See further posts for a little background.

Baseball; LONG TIME Oakland A's fan, Reggie, Catfish, Blue Moon, Rudi, Sal Bando.  They were on the TV all summer long during a few years when my dad got transferred to northern California in the early ‘70s.  So I became a fan and never really stopped even though Seattle got a team several years ago.

Model Railroading; This hobby of mine has ebbed and flowed for many years.  I will cover it in more detail later on.

Skiing: Been a skier since my parents got me an all inclusive, lift, lessons, equipment, transportation package a long time ago.  Learned to ski on Mt Shasta in northern California at the old Shasta Ski Bowl.  It no longer exists since it was wiped out by an avalanche several years ago.

Coaching:
 Over the last several years, I have coached baseball, soccer, football, and softball.  My boys have been involved with their sports, sometimes at a high level.  The oldest plays baseball and has been on traveling teams.  The youngest was a soccer stud for a few years but has moved on to football, which his temperament is better suited for.  My wife and I have played on co-ed soccer and softballs teams over the years.  Playing soccer is no longer part of my life (a little too old and little too fat).  I still play softball though.  Last year on our church team.

No comments:

Post a Comment