Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Humor

Got this in an e-mail. I think you all will enjoy it. It is a bit dated, but still funny. And quite possibly true!

Queen’s riddle

Barack Obama met with the Queen of England.

He asked her, “Your Majesty, how do you run such an efficient government? Are there any tips you can to me?”

“Well,” Said the Queen, “The most important thing is to surround yourself with intelligent people.”

Obama frowned, and then asked, “But how to I know the people around me are really intelligent?”

The Queen took a sip of tea. “Oh, that’s easy; you just ask them to answer an intelligent riddle.”

The Queen pushed a button on her intercom. “Please send Tony Blair in here, would you?”

Tony Blair walked into the room and said, “Yes, Your Majesty?”

The Queen smiled and said, “Answer me this please, Tony, you mother and father have a child. It is not your brother, and it is not your sister.”

“Who is it?” the Queen asked.

Without pausing for a moment, Tony Blair answered, “That would be me.”

“Yes, very good,” said the Queen.

Obama went back home to ask Joe Biden, his vice presidential choice the same question. “Joe, answer this for me. Your mother and father have a child. It is not your brother, and it is not your sister.”

“Who is it?” asked the President.

“I’m not sure,” said Biden. “Let me get back to you on that one.” He went to his advisors and asked everyone, but none could give him and answer.

Finally, Biden ran into Sarah Palin out eating one night. Biden asked, “Sarah, can you answer this for me? Your mother and father have a child. It is not your brother, and it is not your sister.”

“Who is it?” asked the Vice-President.

Sarah Palin answered right back, “That’s easy, it’s me.”

Biden smiled, and said, “Thanks!” Then, he went back to speak with Obama. “Say, I did some research and I have the answer to that riddle. It’s Sarah Palin!”

Obama got up, stomped over to Biden, and angrily yelled into his face.

“No!

“You Idiot!

“It’s Tony Blair!”

7 comments:

  1. Now you know the answer to the government we have....How's the hope and change going? HEEHEEHEE
    Love from NC,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know it is enjoyable to poke fun at politicians from the party that's not your own, but this joke really doesn't fit our current circumstances at all. Obama is clearly a smart guy, though many may not approve of his ideas. On the other hand, we have folks hoping to be the person running against him in 2012 who seem not to know who has "the bomb," whether or not we have an embassy in Iran, how many justices are on the Supreme Court, or how old you need to be to vote. Each of these are things I would expect a high school graduate to know, and I am dumbfounded that someone hoping to be president of this country wouldn't know them. I want my president to be smarter than me. Unfortunately, many folk vote for the guy they want to drink a beer with (or the gal they wish they had a chance with). No wonder things are so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you figure Obama is "smart"? He doesn't know how many states we have, can't pronounce "corpsman", won't approve a pipeline that will produce thousands of jobs (plus billions of dollars in property taxes to the states the pipeline runs through).
    Then there's Solyndra, Fast and Furious, Obamacare...
    Personally, I look at a persons actions and Obama is definitely not smart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the tape of Obama's gaffe, he's obviously exhausted and it is just as obvious from the context that he meant he'd been to 47 states. If you really believe that he didn't know how many states there are, then I wonder about your judgement. My goodness, I called my good friend Bill "Bruce" the other day and I hadn't been up traveling, preparing, and campaigning for 22 hours.

    By any objective measure Obama is much more intelligent than Bush II, Palin, Bachman, and Perry. Now you may not share any political common ground with him, but that doesn't make him stupid.

    I absolutely hated Cheney, but I can't call him stupid. (Evil, maybe.)

    But many of the candidates running are clearly not smart enough for the job. As in, they would flunk a civics final, an economics final, or a world history final, if they were given one tomorrow. Why aren't the Republicans up in arms about this?

    I'd like to see Huntsman given more of a chance to show what he's got in the debates. He's much too much a conservative for me to vote for him, but I'd like to have someone with a brain up against Obama. Then, may the best man win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course the Obama gaffe was due to being tired, but the point is more to the fact that MSM media went absolutely nuts when Perry had his gaffe, and the 57 states comments was barely mentioned outside the right-side blogosphere.

    As for Obama being more intelligent than all those you mentioned, I really fail to see it, especially when you state "by any objective measure." The fact is, there is hardly any objective measurement on which to base that statement. Other than the actual sheepskin from the institutions of higher learning that he obtained them from, there are no transcripts, no thesis papers, no legal musings, and no editorials.

    All we really have to base any statement of Obama intelligence is what the MSM tells us. And they are very good at telling us how smart this guy is. I have no doubts that he does have intelligence. Heck, without it, he couldn't do some of the things he does. I seem to recall the MSM tried to paint John Kerry as smarter than Bush II, when it turned out that Bush actually did better in school than Kerry. So, if you are going to state grades don't make the person, then I have to point out that for all of the name calling and the MSM trying to paint Palin as stupid, she certainly has done well for herself. Somebody that was stupid wouldn't be as successful as she has become, even with all the supposed baggage.

    I will also note that you failed to mention Gingrich. For all of HIS baggage, he is probably the most intelligent person vying for the office that is in the race, and that includes Obama.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I did fail to note Gingrich. His baggage does get in the way of me considering him in the role of President. He is very intelligent, perhaps on par with Obama. I'm still trying to figure him out. Huntsman, too seems bright, and I wish the MSM gave him more time and attention.

    I don't put an over-emphasis on grades. I got straight As at the university I attended, including some pretty difficult science classes. But I KNOW I'm not smart enough to run our country. But even though I hold very different opinions than, say, Gingrich or Huntsman, I can identify the logic they follow to arrive at their opinions. They have well-crafted, intelligent arguments that support what they say they want to do, as does Obama. I never found that to be the case with Bush II or Palin or several of the Republican candidates. (Or several of the Democratic candidates last time around.)

    Palin has gone far. Perhaps she is extremely good with her people skills. She is attractive, energetic, and charismatic, and that counts for a lot, too. But to run a country well, especially in these very complicated times, you have to be over-the-top smart about so many things and, if you listen to her speak to the issues, there are gigantic gaps in her knowledge. Gaps she hasn't seemed to fill in the three years she's been in the public eye.

    We live in interesting times.

    ReplyDelete