To those of us who have children in our lives, whether they are our own, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, or students…
Here is something to make you chuckle.
Whenever your children are out of control, you can take comfort from the thought that even God’s omnipotence did not extend to His own children.
After creating heaven and earth, God created Adam and eve.
And the first thing He said was: “DON’T!”
“Don’t What?” Adam replied.
“Don’t eat the forbidden fruit” God said.
“Forbidden fruit?”“We have forbidden fruit?”
“Hey Eve, we have forbidden fruit!”
“No Way!”“Yes, way!”
Do NOT eat the forbidden fruit!” said God.
“Because I am your father and I said so!” God replied, wondering why He hadn’t stopped creation after making the elephants.
A few minutes later, God saw His children having an apple break and he was ticked!“Didn’t I tell you not to eat the fruit?” God asked.
“Un huh,” Adam replied.
“Then why did you?” said the Father.
“I don’t know.” said Eve.
“She started it!” Adam said.
“Did not!”“Did too!”
Having had it with the two of them, God’s punishment was the Adam and Eve should have children of their own. Thus the pattern was set and it has never changed.
If you have persistently and lovingly tried to give children wisdom and they haven’t taken it, don’t be too hard on yourself.
If God had troubles raising children, what makes you think it would be a piece of cake for you?
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT:
1. You spend the first two years of their life teaching them to walk and talk. Then you spend the next sixteen telling them to sit down and shut up.
2. Grandchildren are God’s reward for not killing you own children.
3. Mothers of teens now know why some animals eat their young.
4. Children seldom misquote you. In fact, they usually repeat word for word what you shouldn’t have said.
5. The main purpose of holding children’s parties is to remind yourself that there are children more awful than your own.
6. We childproof our homes, but they are still getting in.