Friday, April 8, 2011

Obama Elitism -- Confirmed

OK, I think I have had it with the “dude” as our President.  The guy is a jerk, plain and simple. He does not care about folks, unless those folks drive hybrids or EVs. I have never agreed with his politics, he is just too far left for me, but I have tried to do my best (not always succeeding) to give the guy a break. I have tried my best to stay away from the name calling and what-not. He is our President, after all.  At least our previous lefty president, Bubba Clinton, was able to fake it and say things like “I feel your pain”. I’ve tried to understand his stance on wealth re-distribution, but isn’t clear to me why he feels their money is his to what he wants. I’ve tried to understand why he wants to spend $800B to buy up more land for federal control, but keep coming back to the fact that we just don’t have the money. I have tried to understand how someone who has never held a real job or ran a business can consider himself qualified to be a President, but I can’t get past the just mentioned facts.

Then he goes and does something like this (Source: The Wall Street Journal):

At a town-hall meeting yesterday in Fairless Hills, PA, a man in the audience asked Obama about gasoline prices, which are currently in the range of $4 a gallon.  According to the Associated Press, Obama responded “laughingly” and “needled” the questioner.  The President’s sarcasm comes through in the White House transcript:

I know some of these big guys, they’re all still driving their big SUVs. You know, they got their big monster trucks and everything.  You’re one of them? Well, now, here’s my point. If you complaining about the price of gas and you’re only getting eight miles a gallon—(laughter)—you may have a big family, but it’s probably not that big.  How many you have? Ten kids, you say?  Ten kids? (Laughter) Well, you definitely need a hybrid van then. (Laughter)…

So, like I said, if you’re getting eight miles a gallon you may want to think about a trade-in. You can get a great deal.  I promise you, GM or Ford or Chrysler, they going to be happy to give you a deal on something that gets you better gas mileage.

What a jerk! The poor guy asks him a question (how many people get to do that?!), and he gets ridiculed.  Very unpresidential. But then again, what can you expect from a leftist. As my previous post points out, progressive have no problem dragging people through the mud if it fits their agenda. Trying to make people purchase hybrids, compact cars, and EVs is part of this guy’s agenda. If Obama had to make an American taxpayer and voter look small so he could make a point, so be it. I have no doubt there were other Presidents who thought very little of the people he was supposed to be serving. But Obama has time and again let it slip what he really thinks about those of us not in the small circle of elite (remember clinging to their guns?).  And they accuse the right of stepping on the little people to get ahead. This guy is a jerk!

Look, I drive a small SUV, gets about 24mpg out on the highway and I am feeling the pinch. My family income is not set up for a 100% increase in the cost of filling up a tank.  To top it off, we have put off purchasing another vehicle because of the employment situation (We have a Ford Escape which is too small for my 6’-4.5” teenage son). I retired for the military recently, and my income was cut by more than half. And I have not been able to find a job. I would like to get a pickup, one that is decent sized. Yes, I like the pickup; that’s the kind of guy I am. But I am also a homeowner who can’t afford to rent a pickup every time I go to the home improvement center, pay for delivery or pay someone to do the work. The pickup would be used heavily. You just can’t stick a stack of 2x4s or a couple of sheets of 3/4 inch plywood into a Prius or a Volt.

Has Obama bothered to price the cost of a hybrid van? And has he bothered to check the actual performance of a hybrid (outside the Prius)? The vehicle mpg performance for larger vehicles is not worth the dealer/automaker premium.  The markup on the Toyota Sienna and the GM Yukon is in the $8K range for the van and $25K for the SUV. This makes the mpg payback somewhere in the 5-7 year range. Who wants to pay for a hybrid when the cost-benefit ratio is so poor?

OK, as I have a habit of doing, I have slightly drifted off target once again so I’ll sum it all up. President Obama is an elitist jerk who (along with others in his group h/t: Neal Boortz) has no idea how most working stiffs make it from day to day.

No comments:

Post a Comment